Thursday, December 27, 2012

Second Life and Education



Initially dubious about Second Life, I was excited about the use of a virtual environment used by Northern Beaches Christian School.  All of a sudden it made sense.  The immersion in the virtual world, the art gallery, and in particular the English class.

This is something I would like to pursue, because this is exciting.  From my observation of my own children, these are environments that they love.  It made me think of that pithy, but over used observation about discovering what you love and never having to work another day in your life.  The ultimate in learning through play.  Awesome.  I want to go to NBSC and spend time immersed in their worlds, learning about what they are doing, and working out how I can do it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment